Monday, January 4, 2010

starting a new year by reflecting on the past few.


It is hard for me to believe that we are beginning a new year or for that matter a new decade. In ten years so much has happened that I can't even begin to explain. So I will just reflect on one memory. The summer of 2006 I spent backpacking europe with one of my girl friends. This had been a life long dream finally realized at the age of 20. While standing looking out the window at the Musee D'orsay over the City of Paris I could actually feel I was on the threshold of some amazing things. That summer turned out to be a life changing trip that I'll never forget.

The beginning of this decade feels oddly similar to the feeling of looking out over Paris. I can't predict what the new year will bring for me but I can hope for love and laughter, friendships and adventure just like I hoped from that window in Paris.

1 comment:

  1. Love the post Sally- definitely a summer to remember. Also- an amazing pic! I'd like to frame it and have people recognize it in 10 years as an "early Brittany Graham".

    PS- Expect the Jay-Z vs. Miley mash-up to launch shortly.

    ReplyDelete