Tuesday, March 9, 2010

heart of glass




Walking on a frozen lake is always a crazy experience for me, it gives you a completely different perspective of that place then you would normally get. Even if you know its safe the sense of danger and anxiety is a big part of the change in perspective.
This is the first time that I have seen through the layers of frozen water to see the sandy bottom, and I can say it was one of the most beautiful things to witness. To see the cracks in the ice and the sediment frozen in time was a very cool but bizarre thing to see. Someone intended for this to be a skating rink in the middle of this lake but for me it was seeing a part of nature I had never really thought about.

Tagish Lake, YT

1 comment:

  1. funny a zillion years ago walking on Lac Saint Louis, more or less our backyard in Beaconsfield, your dad (probabally 17 then) was playing hockey on the rink that had been shovelled out in the middle of the lake -- I was totally bored and I remember looking through the ice and seeing fish swimming underneath the ice -- it was awesome.
    I love the way your eyes see things
    xoxoxo mom

    ReplyDelete